Saturday, March 14, 2009

Kitchen Update

As I said in my last blog, I had a few things that I still wanted to do to the kitchen. I decided that since our new backsplash had some blue, green and orange shades in it, that I would use that for inspiration for the rest of the kitchen. I have finally got everything the way I want it and I love it!!! Here are some pictures...
These blue curtains are from our first apartment after we got married. I found the striped fabric at Hancocks on clearance for $9 a yard and it had all the right colors in it. So I just sewed a little strip at the bottom to give the curtains some character.

I also covered the chair seats in this same fabric. I bought this fruit at Homegoods. It was the exact colors that I needed.
I bought these plates at Homegoods too. I love the shape of them!
I bought this bulletin board at TJ Maxx on clearance too. We needed a space to get all of our pictures off of our refrigerator.
I bought this picture at Kirklands for $3! I love a bargain! I bought this magnetic knife holder at Target. I have always wanted one of these.
I made a little curtain for the window over the sink in the same striped fabric from Hancocks.
This wire rack and fruit is from Homegoods as well. I guess you can tell that I love that place! I think it is a great store for accessories and always has good prices!

3 comments:

The Penter Family said...

I am impressed with your curtain making skills!

-- Laura -- said...

Wow!!! You have been super productive!! I wish I could get that much done so fast! I can't wait to see it all in person tomorrow! It looks so great!!!

The Cosby's said...

Can I hire you? Everything looks great! And I love a bargain too.