Friday, January 2, 2009

Bargains, Antiques and more!

I have a few random things that I have been meaning to blog about and just haven't gotten around to it yet. So here I go...

BARGAINS...
I must have been really good this year, because I had a great Christmas. I have been looking for a new table and decided to wait and use some of my Christmas money to buy one. I drug Ben to my favorite store (his nightmare) TJ Maxx. I wasn't expecting them to actually have anything, but I was wrong! I found this round table, which was exactly what I was looking for. It was actually white, but Ben painted it for me. It was only $60 too! I love a bargain!



CHRISTMAS GIFT...
I know in some of my older blogs, I have been talking about re-decorating our bedroom. It has been a long process, especially since I can't make up my mind about what I want to do. I got these curtains from Ben's parents for Christmas to get me started. They are from the new Better Homes and Gardens line at Walmart. If you haven't checked it out yet, you need to! They have some really cute things for great prices!
The chair below was my grandmothers. After my grandfather died, she decided to move into a smaller house. She was getting rid of a lot of things and I stole this chair. I have always loved this chair and it just reminded me of their house and my Papa. I couldn't let is go. Maybe one day I will get it re-covered, but for now, we are living with the peach fabric.



ANTIQUES...
When me and Ben were engaged and looking for furniture to fill our first apartment, Peggy (Ben's grandmother) gave us a beautiful antique table and chairs. This table was Ben's Great Aunts. I love antiques, but most of all I love antiques that came from our family members. Then I got another surprise just recently to go with my table- this table cloth. Ben's Great Aunt made this table cloth and the napkins to go with it to fit this table. She hand embroidered all of this. It is beautiful! I am so thankful that we get to have a treasure like this.








This is Diesel with his Christmas present- a new bed! He is actually looking at himself in the mirror in this picture. He really likes to do that!


This is Diesel worn out from playing with his toy. Sorry I don't have any new pictures of Macy. I tried to get one, but she was eating and not wanting to cooperate with me.


4 comments:

The Penter Family said...

i really like that table. did they have any more like that? i could really use one and the price is great!

-- Laura -- said...

I need a table like that, too! It is so pretty!! We need to take a shopping trip together so that maybe some of your bargain hunting skills will rub off on me!

Jamie Grizzle said...

The new table is great! Ben did a great job painting it. I might need to hire him to do some stuff for me! ;-)

{Amanda} said...

haha, I spy with my little eye... a MONKEY ON A SNAIL! oh & a fabulous vase too =)

I'm kinda jealous of your quirky tchotchke!