I made homemade granola bars last night and they were amazing!
It is a very simple recipe, that of course, came from Pinterest.
I really don't know how I did anything before Pinterest cam along!
Here is the recipe. Check out the link to the blog it came from. It is a great blog!
INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup honey
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter (crunchy)
1/4 cup unsalted butter
4 cups Quick Oats (not rolled oats)
2 cups crispy rice cereal
3 teaspoons vanilla
DIRECTIONS
In a large bowl, stir crispy rice cereal, quick oats together.
In a medium saucepan, combine honey, butter, and brown sugar. Bring to a
boil over medium-high heat then bring the temperature down to low, and
simmer till sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Pour in vanilla and stir.
Pour hot butter/sugar mixture over dry ingredients. Stir until all
ingredients are moistened. Press into a parchment-lined jelly roll pan.
I can't even begin to tell you how good these were! All night we kept going back to cut off one more little piece.
Madi spent the night with her grandmother last night, so I'm not sure if the are picky-eater-three-year-old- approved, but I have a feeling she will love them!
The girl is all about peanut butter and sweets.

No comments:
Post a Comment