Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Starting Milk

Madi's one year appointment is October 28th, but we were about out of formula, so we decided to go ahead and start giving Madi milk. I thought it would be so easy to just cut formula and the bottle cold turkey. Madi has never really been attached to the bottle, so I didn't think it would be an issue. We gave her some milk at dinner in her cup and she didn't like it at all. She drank just a little and then threw her cup on the floor. That is usually how she tells us she is done with something.
Last night I mixed some milk with formula and put it in her cup to go to bed. She didn't like that at all either. She fought me for a while. I finally poured it in a bottle and she drank a little, but not much.
I went to check on her at Day School and she wasn't drinking any milk today either. I guess she just has to get used to it. I would think that whole milk would taste better than formula, but who knows! Hopefully it will keep getting easier!

I want this off my counter!


Our last can of formula (hopefully!!!) and our first jug of milk.

1 comment:

The Penter Family said...

How funny! I thought she would like the taste of milk 100 times better than formula! Have you tried warming it up for her ? Maybe she will like it better that way!